Etsy experiments gone right

Anti-Valentine's Day Letterpress
I can honestly say that my experiment with trend-tagging on Etsy was a success. After a few months of zero sales, I sold two items in the two weeks preceding Valentine's Day! Not to mention all the "favorite" bookmarkings I got along the way. So fun when these sorts of gimmicky things actually work. I have no interest in making anything that can be called gimmicky, but sometimes such tactics must be employed to get a buyer's attention and communicate your item's relevance to all sorts of occasion-related gift-giving. 



The moral of the story: if you never show up on the search results page, they're not going to know you exist. I think I now have a new (albeit, still cynical) sense of appreciation for Valentine's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019