Collect 'em all

Limited-edition typewriter trading cards from Thread Lock Press! 

So far there are three different typewriter characters for this card series, and each has two color variations. And, yes these are all my own typewriters (and, yes, I really do call them by name). Each card is equipped with a photo of the typewriter, categorized "Stats" text typed on the same machine named on the card, and a vintage advertisement. So far, we have:

1. Hildegard




2. Hermione



3. Hannelore


This was a very fun project. Because of the research and tinkering I had to do, I feel like I know my machines so much better than I did before. One neat thing I noticed was how much the typeface varies from machine to machine. Did you see that too? These typewriters certainly have their own personalities.

I will debut these cards and sets at my type-in and letter-writing social on December 7 in Chestertown. After that, I plan to put them up in my Etsy shop.

Comments

  1. Don't know if you've had time to play much w/ the Underwood yet (& thus time for it to reveal its personality & name), but might I suggest Mehetabel a.k.a. Hetty in keeping both w/ its venerable age & your predilection for "H" names? Love your cards! -Stu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019