Forthcoming: The Feminist Wire

Recently I was contacted by a contributing editor for The Feminist Wire. She found me through my wicked alice poems and asked me to submit some work. I've heard of this happening before but this is the first time I've been solicited for work by a publication. How exciting!!



As serendipity would have it, my two newest poems (which had yet to be placed anywhere) were actually a perfect fit for this online magazine whose mission is: 
"to provide socio-political and cultural critique of anti-feminist, racist, and imperialist politics pervasive in all forms and spaces of private and public lives of individuals globally. Of particular critical interest to us are social and political phenomena that block, negate, or limit the satisfaction of goods or ends that humans, especially the most vulnerable, minimally require for living free of structural violence. The Feminist Wire seeks to valorize and sustain pro-feminist representations and create alternative frameworks to build a just and equitable society."
I can't tell you how honored I am that my creative work supports this mission. Feminism (and humanism, in general) is a way of life for me and although my poems are not political, these feelings overflow into everything I write. I am proud that my two poems "Girl with no Hands" and "Interlude" have found a home at The Feminist Wire. Thank you, contributing editor Brooke Elise Axtell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019