On fall readings and future print

And just like that, the summer has passed and September is here again. (Thank Godbring on sweater weather!) Although they came very slowly, I did manage to get two more Alien poems written before Labor Day. And I'm once again wading through submissions for Cherry Tree, but this time for our third issue! This fall I will also be participating in two poetry reading events. Here are the details:

Reading #1:
Featuring Rae Bryant & Lindsay Lusby 
Thursday, September 22 at 7:00 p.m.
Sky Stage, 59 S. Carroll St., Frederick, MD 



Reading #2: 
Featuring James Arthur, James Allen Hall, Leslie Harrison, dawn lonsinger, Lindsay Lusby, Dora Malech, and Jason Schneiderman
Tuesday, October 18 at 4:30 p.m. 
Rose O'Neill Literary House, 407 Washington Ave., Chestertown, MD



And speaking of readings, during our first Cherry Tree Young Writers' Conference at the Lit House in July, I read some of my Silence of the Lambs poems as part of the Intern & Staff Reading. Here is a video of me reading two of those poems: 


My last bit of news is that all five of my "Girl with Cloven Feet" poems have now found print homes! Back in June, I told you that "Girl with Cloven Feet," "Trade," and "Trigger" were accepted by Faerie Magazine for their Autumn 2016 issue. That issue should be hitting magazine stands very soon! And then this week, the last two poems "Trespass" and "Tremble" were snagged by Porkbelly Press for their upcoming anthology bramble&thorn. They will also be reprinting "Trade" here. I can't wait to see all of the pieces that end up in this anthology whose fierce-fairy-tale-women premise is all of the things that I love.


Happy fall, everyone! May you have your fill of cooler days and cozier nights, and all of the creature comforts that go along with them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019